Tuesday, May 31, 2011

REFLECTION OF A TYPICAL SINGAPOREAN

Enjoy and have a good laugh
This is so funny, written by a poor, poetic Singaporean. 
(Also in response to the Health Minister's $8.00 hospitalization cost.) hehe!



 I am Ong Ah Tee living in Kampong Chai Chee
 Life used to be simple and HAPPY
 I worked hard in my STUDY
 I learned A-B-C, and everything from 1, 2, and 3.
 Primary school was quite easy I passed PSLE
 Then I went to SECONDARY
 The subjects include HISTORY, GEOGRAPHY
 Physics, Biology and CHEMISTRY
 After O levels I went to JC
 They said you live in Singapore very LUCKY
 This is a small humid tropical COUNTRY
 Surrounded by unknown potential ENEMY
 Boys turned 18 must go to ARMY for the tour of duty
 After that we may continue our Study
 The girls can just sit back, relax, and watch TV
 They come to this world only to "lim kopi, kway jit chee"
 No one lives on free meals or depends on CHARITY
 I want to take up IT, but I had no money to go to University or Poly
 So I went to work at FACTORY
 Working hard to earn a little lousy SALARY
 After CPF and INCOME TAX, I have just enough money to buy ROTI and ride in
 MRT.
 My bosses show me no SYMPATHY
 Mumbling over my shoulder daily: "HURRY, HURRY and HURRY !"
 Accusing me of always trying to get MC
 But my sickness was due to over stretch OT
 Going home after midnight by TAXI
 And they pay me only bus fee
 My colleague likes me because of my honesty and can easily bully
 They said I don't know how to carry.
 I Park-Tor and became STEADY
 Finally had to MARRY
 Because gahment gave baby bonus MONEY
 I lost money holding Wedding Dinner PARTY
 Cheeky friends donating only cheap PANTY
 After marriage, nothing was EASY
 In one year, I became DADDY
 I can't support my family and our BABY
 Being tied down for life to repay 2 rooms HDB and rising monthly
 utilities to PUB
 My bank account has NO MONEY
 POSB balance is almost EMPTY
 DBS wants to charge me EXTRA FEE
 Insisting that "Nothing is FREE!"
 So I moonlight as KARANG GUNI
 Many times I want to jump MRT
 But that is not EASY
 My wife cries: "Who is going to support me and our BABY?"
 So I can't MATI.
 I went to seek assistance from the MP
 His reply was simple and easy:
 "Vote for me, vote for me, vote for me".
 He never tells me any convincing Policy.
 How to help the poor with more GST?
 Why I cannot have pay increase but they can have increase?
 Before, my MP said "Vote for me, we give you sweeties".
 Now, they want to increase salary, because "You voted me".
 They claim they made good economy for our country.
 They benchmark themselves using GDP.
 They said, "To get the best man, you have to pay high fee"
 otherwise, they will join MNC.
 And all your 'char bor' become maids in other COUNTRY.
 Next will be the GST.
 My boss say "no" to increase in salary,
 It's really make me worry.
 Our Health Ministry said let GP set their consultation fee.
 If the GP charges high fee, don't let them see.
 No money, how can healthy
 If fall sick, can only mati
 In hospital, can afford Class C.
 I don't mind all nurses are aunty,
 But only one doctor to see
 No money for operation, I Tan Si

No comments: